Trained at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris (CNSMDP) in the jazz class of François Jeanneau, Laurent Bardainne is a composer, producer, saxophonist and keyboardist.
Founder of Poni Hoax and Tigre d'Eau Douce, co-founder of Limousine, Lost (with Camélia Jordana), Sabrina&Samantha (on the Ed Banger label), he is involved with rigour and brio in different musical styles such as jazz, rock, electro, improvised music. Laurent Bardainne has given more than 1,500 concerts all over the world.
Eager for new collaborations, he can be heard with Thomas de Pourquery's Supersonic or with Cassius and Pharrel Williams, Feist, Gonzales, Tony Allen, Daniel Darc, Miossec, Arthur H, Philip Katerine, Lou Douillon, Sébastien Tellier, Etienne Daho, etc., and recently at the Philharmonie de Paris with Adrien M. and Claire B. He also composed the soundtrack of the feature film 2 frères by Félix Moati in 2019 with Limousine.
His musical approach is distinguished by his generosity and technicality, a sophisticated melodic sense and his sharp knowledge of many musical trends.
Awards and distinctions:
- 2019: Victoire de la musique in the World Music category, with Lost / Camélia Jordana (composition).
- 2019: Nomination Victoires de la Musique in the category Rock Album of the Year with Miossec les Rescapés.
- 2017: Victoire du Jazz with Thomas de Pourquery Supersonic.
- 2014: Victoire du Jazz with Thomas de Pourquery Supersonic.
- 2001: 3rd group prize at the competition of the International Jazz Festival of La Défense with the duo Bardainne-Gleizes.
- 2019: the Adrien M&Claire B company meets Limousine at the Philharmonie de Paris.
- 2019: The Wars of the Worlds Malik Zidi and Limousine for the festival Le Goût des Autres du Havre.
- 2018: Laurent Bardainne & Tigre d'eau douce, creation for the international festival Banlieues Bleues.
- 2015: Cabaret New Burlesque invites Poni Hoax to the Ile-de-France festival.
- 2014: Suntitled creation l'Avant Seine de Colombes: Limousine meet Bertrand Planes and Benoit Simon.
Photo credit: A Dherbeys
One day everything will be like it should be. Albert Ayler
The Axos saxophone is our professional range entry level. It bears the acoustic qualities common to all our models. Like its predecessors, it is manufactured in our Mantes-la-Ville factory. It is characterized by a rich tone and easy blowing making it accessible to a larger public.